Hannah Ashlea is off-line
02 March 2009 20:49
HannahAshlea
Model
HannahAshlea
Northamptonshire
Northampton

Hi girls (and guys!)

I'm currently looking to really bring something amazing to my portfolio and will need a MUA to collaborate with me on this. This is not a Looking for a MUA post...this is me asking your opinions.

I am rubbish at make up and styling.
What I would like to know is what sort of make up you think I should go for in my upcoming shoots? What colours, styles, etc would suit me?
I don't know if it's easy to answer without seeing me in "real life" but I thought I'd give it a go.

Bright colours? Dark colours? Natural?

Professional Fashion, Latex and Nude model ~ Brunette ~ Freckles ~ www.hannahashlea.blogspot.com

Karen Hegarty is off-line
03 March 2009 09:25
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

I think you need to engage an MUA and ask them direct for ideas for a shoot. It could be themes or genres. Colours depends on your skin tone and hair colour and clothes etc. It could depend on the location also. There are many facts involved here, and difficult to answer in a generalised way.

Simon Young is off-lineSilver Member
04 March 2009 08:12
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Gloucestershire

Hi Hannah,

There are too many "it depends" really. Freckles, no freckles, pick out the green in your eyes, or the colour of the handbag, etc etc..

Si
In the "Information Age", continued ignorance must be a choice motivated initially through inherited beliefs.

04 March 2009 08:58
Mongrel
Photographer

Realistically if you're struggling on the makeup side of things i'd certainly recommend hiring a MUA for a day or half day. Then just get them to give you advice related to you. Ask what makeup / colours etc would suit your skin tone, ask how to apply makeup so its best for the camera and so you can do it when you're looking in the mirror.

I'd say money well spent! emoticon
If all else fails, just whack it on f1.4 and make art!

Victoria Howard is off-line
06 March 2009 07:37
Victoria_Howard
Make-up Artist
Victoria_Howard
Spain
Girona

Hire a MUA for a half a day. They will save you lots in time and money in the long run. Plus its great fun!

118 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
amyc_01 Ashleighmckenzie asianmodel Bexwhite brookscott dede Emma_Mckay EmotionInMotion hayley95 Hollyrose hunnykey jaydelee kasia kimmy99 Kinkykl KirstieJKhan93 ndcent007 njones1985 Paige17 pamtastic SarahTonin Silkythighslou skymodel Teela vivalajuicey
2bridgesphotography aberotica AlletunYL Antz apintoftheblackstuff bavister beaumonty BIGBLUE bmphotography bowens Cardiff_tog2005 CES_Photography Cgwebster christopher_ball clarmike clivelawrence dabimagery dahool dannyrich david_barns david1500 DJ200 doctor Domnumberone donnamillsphotograph duff eltel ev0 fannmore FotoAuto Gabby_d GlasgowPhotographer gmart gray52 Greenwich_art_photo gsphoto gunnergraham H_M_D_P HARAMBEE hazy Hexpictures hughspictures4u jakeyboy jimbob johnboy2 JohnDentonPhoto johnmphoto kemphotograph Kphoto Lenz liteangle Marc_A marc_chadwick MIB Mike103 Morph mr_mick nicholas_ainsley Nigel onster parafotos photographybyfleur pirateflashman plaingoodphotos plymjack pmeu rembrandt Reuban Rhadamanthus Rjpphoto rod_m99 roger1944 rossvincent RupertRudd sammylhel shinywear simon_wren skinz sploshman SPSPhotography srcimages Stevedphoto stevegosh steveh32 stiletto strongbow The_O_Zone uknaturalmodels vicc vincenthanna ziggypot
kerandastudio2 LENSMASTER