Hannah Ashlea is off-line
02 March 2009 19:49
HannahAshlea
Model
HannahAshlea
Northamptonshire
Northampton

Hi girls (and guys!)

I'm currently looking to really bring something amazing to my portfolio and will need a MUA to collaborate with me on this. This is not a Looking for a MUA post...this is me asking your opinions.

I am rubbish at make up and styling.
What I would like to know is what sort of make up you think I should go for in my upcoming shoots? What colours, styles, etc would suit me?
I don't know if it's easy to answer without seeing me in "real life" but I thought I'd give it a go.

Bright colours? Dark colours? Natural?

Professional Fashion, Latex and Nude model ~ Brunette ~ Freckles ~ www.hannahashlea.blogspot.com

Karen Hegarty is off-line
03 March 2009 08:25
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

I think you need to engage an MUA and ask them direct for ideas for a shoot. It could be themes or genres. Colours depends on your skin tone and hair colour and clothes etc. It could depend on the location also. There are many facts involved here, and difficult to answer in a generalised way.

Simon Young is off-lineSilver Member
04 March 2009 07:12
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Gloucestershire

Hi Hannah,

There are too many "it depends" really. Freckles, no freckles, pick out the green in your eyes, or the colour of the handbag, etc etc..

Si
In the "Information Age", continued ignorance must be a choice motivated initially through inherited beliefs.

04 March 2009 07:58
Mongrel
Photographer

Realistically if you're struggling on the makeup side of things i'd certainly recommend hiring a MUA for a day or half day. Then just get them to give you advice related to you. Ask what makeup / colours etc would suit your skin tone, ask how to apply makeup so its best for the camera and so you can do it when you're looking in the mirror.

I'd say money well spent! emoticon
If all else fails, just whack it on f1.4 and make art!

Victoria Howard is off-line
06 March 2009 06:37
Victoria_Howard
Make-up Artist
Victoria_Howard
Spain
Girona

Hire a MUA for a half a day. They will save you lots in time and money in the long run. Plus its great fun!

83 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AnnieDarlington bart Brookieg89 ehvnn eiqrqph1 emmwood jaydemxo JoannaJoy Lottie21 mizbounci pipster Teela ZoeyJane
andiamo anthonyh aw72 Azurphotos basil ben1975 beyond_the_light ChrisD ChrisNewton clarmike constructphoto cos08 daveinsurrey david1500 DIGTOG eddyweir14 euroglamour gerry99111 gperl Graham12 grahamr grisey Hotdrj Impulse_Images jackcalling keithhphoto Ken_Smith Ladiesman Legion love markantonydavid Mauricesimagery MIB MikeLee Mikemcgarry mlp Nakedambitions Nash NoNoizePhotography ozzie paulbatterbury paulhuk photosimon PhotoSpyroS pmeu pyrocam RazorSharpImages richie4tfp richkemp rolleiflexer sandycamel skinz skymouse Speedway45 Steve_Stanford steveh32 Stibnite StNeots StrictlyFunPhotos swalsh58 thegingertwins thestarglider TheStudioMK topphotographer ttp Weeman5 WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS yellow_peril
kerandastudio2 mediastudios