New model tips

Kyle Allen is off-line
23 April 2012 11:28
Kyle_Allen
Model

Hampshire
Winchester

Hey,
I have been on this site a while but not used it in a couple years. Thinking about trying again. Can any one give me any tips on how to improve my profile or get noticed without spending lots of money on getting a pro portfolio done?
Thanks.

Suzy Monty is off-linePlatinum Member
23 April 2012 12:33
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
UK & Europe -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Send the gorgeous Joe Hicks a PM...he sounds a nice guy...so maybe he could offer a few tips and guidelines for you on the fine art of male modelling.

I think you have a good, marketable look...you just need some good photographers to shoot with...you could try placing a casting on this site for starters.

You can spell too...which is great plus...blush

Good Luckfrown
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
23 April 2012 13:57
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

As Suzi says, put up a casting.
Also have a look to see if there's any other male models in the area, and see who they've had good images from.
Have a look at the events page and see if there is a network meet in your area.
You should be able to get work from there.
"Well, it's one for the money... Two for the show... Three to get ready... Now go, cat, go!"

Belle is off-line
23 April 2012 14:03
belledelaney
Model
belledelaney
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

As far as I know there's not as many male models on here as female so that could help you start id start by posting castings and asking local photographers who's portfolio you like for tf / collaborations shoots to build your portfolio up x

ScarlettLG is off-line
23 April 2012 17:53
alice_g
Model
alice_g
Lancashire
Bury

You look the spit of the guy on Hollister bags message joelhicks like Suzy said. He's lovely even just to chat to and he's quite successful :-)
Everybody dies but not everybody lives

Kyle Allen is off-line
24 April 2012 12:06
Kyle_Allen
Model

Hampshire
Winchester

Thanks for the help, I will give those things a try. Any other tricks and tips are appreciated.

24 April 2012 12:31
starr8
Model

Hey there,

Have a browse at the other male model profiles and have a look at who they have shot with. Take a look at their pics as well. It will give you some ideas that you can bring to your future shoots. It's also a good way to look at the angles and lighting as well. Practice your poses in front of a mirror. That way you will learn which side works for you. It's all about expression and poise. Hope this helps in some small way and good luck. You need a thick skin and be determined in this business but most of all have fun..

Helen.

213 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
annakalek babyminx Beckyh1871 Bexwhite brightonblonde Brigid c0rv15 ChantiX Chaosoftrouble charlielou chosin clint1983 cody CROWLEX cyanc dede ellarose FernRose Francescaholly Gizmofoxy halfpint Hollyrose Jamie_lawon JK_ Jo_Louise judy Kasia KaylaJo Kimmy99 kittypie lillyleaves LilyBella michelleg mikew1988 Mila_Sparkles missclark86 OlgaCabaeva Rbcx REDXXX Sara_stevens shadowsfire Silkythighslou Siobhan_Goodwin Sophiasmith telboi13 tim Tizcartermiller Vellocet vickey Vickiej vickielouisehankin Wickens
333millsy Acroshaw adamspirit albumzd Andy_B anthonyh Aosphotography Arkady001 Arron awomanatwork babygorilla badger Baxter_Marrison bbphotos bizz Blushinglobster boss1968 bpsf45 chris_gray_89 ChrisNewton Clare_atherton claypaws cliffc controlledimage cos08 Crippen dandelion danny_springgay daveinsurrey davejohn DaveT david_ballard david1500 dbphotography delyons dg_images dhuntuk digitalmood digitalsugar djb1 djwilby donaldmac DonMacKay DragonGraffix em26 eosfan exodus finetouch flashbangwallop For_Arts_Sake frank4 freddie FreelanceBadger Freelanderjason fuchsia1942 funky Gallowayxiii Gigsnapper gobokinetic gordon graham_p grahamh grahamr Greendale_Images grisey gshocker30 gsphoto hampshire_tog hampshirehog Hardwick HEADSHOTS Heydon00 howardj22 IainT ironblokeman jack22 JaseV123 Jaywirksworth Jjwill johnathons johnb Johno548 JohnPeters JOYAM KIBO laconicphotography Ladiesman LDNNerd leekumkee lester2705 ltphotography madinina972 mark44 MarkDobson marshy22 mghphoto MIB michael_cameraman mickm MikeLee mr_fold_sir_08 Neil_m nick34eh nigel nsw1982 NWPhotographers otteypm Paphotouk para Paul_Jones paultombs PeterMills petertibbs PHMike photobyove pippins pose4me pvfb pyrocam quentinferier raykirby read refleximages Reynard RobSmithArts rodandthefaces Ron_H roundtheworld RupertRudd sammylhel SASHPhotography Shawry shootS80 siclews skinz Snooper911 socialdisaster southernsnapper Spotography Stevarnol Stevedphoto Strika stuartturnbull Surreyshooter susanne333 teddybear thestarglider wacTony wallis67 Walton Whitehorsephotography woody wq0pco yekim yellow_peril zxycndad
grailmodels
fayelouise1
barlowstudios HarbourStudio lensmaster
chosin tim