New model tips

Kyle Allen is off-line
23 April 2012 14:28
Kyle_Allen
Model

Hampshire
Winchester

Hey,
I have been on this site a while but not used it in a couple years. Thinking about trying again. Can any one give me any tips on how to improve my profile or get noticed without spending lots of money on getting a pro portfolio done?
Thanks.

Suzy Monty is off-linePlatinum Member
23 April 2012 15:33
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
UK & Europe -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Send the gorgeous Joe Hicks a PM...he sounds a nice guy...so maybe he could offer a few tips and guidelines for you on the fine art of male modelling.

I think you have a good, marketable look...you just need some good photographers to shoot with...you could try placing a casting on this site for starters.

You can spell too...which is great plus...blush

Good Luckfrown
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
23 April 2012 16:57
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

As Suzi says, put up a casting.
Also have a look to see if there's any other male models in the area, and see who they've had good images from.
Have a look at the events page and see if there is a network meet in your area.
You should be able to get work from there.
"Well, it's one for the money... Two for the show... Three to get ready... Now go, cat, go!"

Belle is off-line
23 April 2012 17:03
belledelaney
Model
belledelaney
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

As far as I know there's not as many male models on here as female so that could help you start id start by posting castings and asking local photographers who's portfolio you like for tf / collaborations shoots to build your portfolio up x

ScarlettLG is off-line
23 April 2012 20:53
alice_g
Model
alice_g
Lancashire
Bury

You look the spit of the guy on Hollister bags message joelhicks like Suzy said. He's lovely even just to chat to and he's quite successful :-)
Everybody dies but not everybody lives

Kyle Allen is off-line
24 April 2012 15:06
Kyle_Allen
Model

Hampshire
Winchester

Thanks for the help, I will give those things a try. Any other tricks and tips are appreciated.

24 April 2012 15:31
starr8
Model

Hey there,

Have a browse at the other male model profiles and have a look at who they have shot with. Take a look at their pics as well. It will give you some ideas that you can bring to your future shoots. It's also a good way to look at the angles and lighting as well. Practice your poses in front of a mirror. That way you will learn which side works for you. It's all about expression and poise. Hope this helps in some small way and good luck. You need a thick skin and be determined in this business but most of all have fun..

Helen.

183 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
amber20 angelique110 annakalek beckyg3891 brightonbabe caena caitlinpinkney candyhotlips carlwat Carolineuk charlotte_x diamonddan dirtyjohn511 Gillgall Harvey31 Hollyrose Ivoryflame Jimbob87 kacie Kimberlyfox kirsttx kittypie klouisemodel ladyartist laranaarrogante mapleransom Marcus27Larsen Mellied michellehush MilaMilly Missminkie NatalieDorothy pamelawhat PixieLeKnot Poline Sam_Cornish samanthaalexandra Sammie8592 Sexysahara shazza09 SlovakHottie Thewizard123 tim tishie20
63jian adamkelly aj_photography alantylor Amariahthompsonphoto Amcam123 ansonphotography Aosphotography apintoftheblackstuff aprilscherz3 artist atlantic bariton1 Belemboo benlawleyphotography Bill_M Boobster borojohn BoudoirNE boxy Bucklers C_pearson c8mera CameraWillD40 Chris_Mansfield chrismagic clearview_photography controlledimage Dave@studio99 Daveinsurrey david1500 dencam denyerec des_hardin digitalsugar dougharding dreamvision durhammedia eddwillis eumill For_Arts_Sake FPMedia freddie glamshots gminfocus gobokinetic Grah Grahampics grahamr grahamsphotography greeneye greengate Grimbo grisey gsphoto guitarman Ian_Walker IanG Ianmcculloch ikandi impression IronHouse jackcalling jake_istvan jakeyboy James7799 JamieCraigPhoto jayfish Jeffers jhball jimbosam JohnFoxPhotos jorgecaan keenan Keithyg kurohyo Madala Magpie1 MancsMaster mark_j Marki markvarley markybay marlhamphoto Mauricesimagery Mg mickstereftb Mike103 mikes45 musicman nikosgr Njsphotography Olympus otteypm Paul_Jones paultombs pellium peter_d_photography Photogenic photographybyfleur pinkbuildingphotography profilepictures Rgharris RHMPhotographic ron rscott360 sandycamel sapper2747 Scotography sebsm99 shooting shutterpunk sirspread snappytim softbillman SpookyG squodge Stevarnol Steve_Stanford steveh32 stiletto Stolenfaces strongnick sweepman talldave68 theleedschap theperfectgentleman TonyNutley travellingtoast Viages viewphotographic Visionofthebeholder wayne1 weststars wq0pco yellow_peril ziesphotography ziggypot
foufou50_2000
tim